Sunday, January 4, 2009

Quotes

Quotes

>Kate Hudson is not afraid to speak her mind in fact she's one of the rare young Hollywood starlets that says whatever she feels like without any regrets. Often very outspoken and open minded when it comes to relationships and love. Throughout the years Kate has said some memorable things about her career, love, life her family and other things. Ranging from funny to cute, inspirational and even controversial. Whatever it is Kate holds nothing back.



Most of the quotes below are taken from interviews with magazines (Vogue, Allure) or television interviews (Access Hollywood, 20/20).


>Celebrity

»Women always have issues with each other but these past two movies that I've done, the one with Naomi Watts, we had an incredible time together. We had so much fun. That was probably my first experience enjoying another actress and becoming really good friends, other than working on Bob Altman's

-on having the company of female actresses on set


»I'm so young, I still have so much time for really great, complicated characters. I don't feel rushed. If you don't take time off from your career, you become too internalized. You forget to look around. You need to be open, to disappear. That's why I love being on tour so much.

-on taking time off her career


>Life / Relationships / Family

»I'm really enjoying being bigger, I've never been voluptuous. I look at it as a role. I gained 60 pounds, and every second of it was so much fun. I wouldn't change it for the world. Banana splits? Forget it."

-on gaining weight during her pregnancy



»It was like, Oh, my god! How do I love this guy so much? I don't even know him. It was crazy. He was so fascinating. It was like, I think I'll have his baby. Funny that you find you're grounded by a guy who had a decade-old drug problem. For some reason we met and found so much within each other that made us blossom.

-on falling in love with Chris



»We grew up in this life, and we all turned out pretty great. Mom did something right, and she was a busy, busy, busy woman.

-on growing up in the lime light



»"Men at the end of the day, are not more needy, but they have more ego, if my husband lacked ego, I wouldn't be as attracted to him. Men need to feel desired. And to me, they are. They're yummy. I tell Chris, when we hit the one-year mark as parents, that's when we take a vacation for ourselves.

-on men

»Honesty will never break you. So, I try to always be honest

»Every day it's nice to stop and say: Wait a minute, I am so lucky, this is great

»Amazing! I'm young, but it's so much fun. And it truly is. When I met Chris, we just knew. Like we were already married when we weren't married. And so when we decided to get married, it was something that we felt we wanted to do. We also wanted to bring our families together. You know, to sort of state what it is we truly feel about each other in front of our friends and family. So that was the most important thing

-on her marriage to rock hubby Chris Robinson



»Ooh yeah, baby! I was always a big Black Crowes fan. But see, now that I'm married, I can say it. You know, before, when I just met him, I would be like, well I don't know. Yeah, I loved his music. As a matter of fact, when I was twelve, I would dance to their music, and cry my eyes out while I was dancing. I love the Black Crowes, I still do!

-on being a fan of the Black Crowes



»It really, truly was the most incredible day. It was so emotional and moving for everybody, in every way. It was like a going away party for me, almost. And I think it was real interesting for my parents to hear our vows. Because it brought a lot of things to light about what our relationship means to us. Which is something that was important for us to share in front of everybody

-on her wedding day



»Ha. All the time…no. When I was single, there was that idea of when it rains it pours and then it's like a drought. It's like what am I doing wrong and then all of a sudden there are guys and they're all calling and this is great. But I've never been involved in a love triangle. I'm too much of a goodie two shoes to be like that

-on having guys vying for her love



»I have an agent that I really respect. And I have an amazing team of people who help me and it allows me to be able to make right decisions and feel good about it. One of the reasons why Chris and I fell so in love is that we believe that I'm not willing to compromise what I love to do by making decisions based on what people think I'm supposed to be doing. And so I'm just going to remember to try to make good movies, hopefully and enjoy them, enjoy the process. You can get so carried away with what other people perceive you as and it's not true

-on making choices



»My mother is such an amazing mother, and a talented actress. She is so incredible at whatever she does, and I admire her so much.

-on her mother



>Music / Fashion / Etc


»Right now, I love writing music. I play the guitar but I think of it more as a hobby. When and if I do decide to do something with music, I'd have to be very committed to it. I have a little different take on music than most people do. If I'm gonna' do it, I'd go on the road and I can't even see myself doing that at all right now

-on singing



»"If I Could Only Remember My Name", David Crosby. It's one of my favorite albums. My favorite is "Laughing", the Joni Mitchell song. We love "The Incredible String Band". We're really into it. We listen to a lot of John Harding.. He sang "Dolphins" but a really beautiful version of it. We've been really into folk music lately and "The Tower Recordings", kids from Brooklyn. It's like '60's psychedelic music. Chris travels with like 200 CD's.

-on favourite albums


>Movies

»Licking Owen's face all day got really salty and weird.

– on filming a fantasy scene with You, Me and Dupree costar Owen Wilson



»I think it's always important to do what you believe in, and to do what you're passionate about. You know, that keeps you excited. And you get to meet the most amazing people. Even at times when I couldn't get a job, I would drop things that I didn't believe in. And that has nothing to do with how much money is being put into a movie or not. So yeah.

-on working on smaller films



»Hey, I got to wear a pretty dress! But what's grounding for me, is just to know that what we all do in my family, we do because we love it, not because of the attention you get from it. Because that can be not so much fun sometimes. And I've been pretty adamant about that.

-on losing the Oscar



»Penny Lane is a real person, but she's a composite of characters, different women he's met along his way. I did a lot of research too. We took all of that and combined it into one. One big thing was that in most all of these women there's a such a sadness to them. It's in their eyes, something that is very lost, and they hide it very well. If you're researching them, you pick up on it. If you're watching for something like that, you pick up on it. If you're just talking to them, they seem like the most fun people in the world.

-on Penny Lane



»Oh my God! I just totally freaked out! I couldn't believe it.

-on her thoughts of first seeing the almost famous poster

No comments:

Post a Comment